Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop up notification of virus infected MacBook

I have been getting this pop up every time I open my MacBook. Is it a genuine or malware? Once I clicked the 'Start Scene' and it installed a software probably call Mac-keeper which scanned the computer and came up with frightening results and asked to buy the software to clean the computer. I uninstalled it but it keeps on popping up. What should I do? Thanks for your time and advice.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 11:05 AM

Any and all such notices are scams. There is no method of any kind to see what's on a remote computer through a web site.

That it keeps coming up sounds like you installed adware, which the makers of MacKeeper buys tons of ad space on.

Download and run MalwareBytes for Mac. If you wish, you can uninstall it afterwards by using its menu option.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2019 11:05 AM in response to janjuha

Any and all such notices are scams. There is no method of any kind to see what's on a remote computer through a web site.

That it keeps coming up sounds like you installed adware, which the makers of MacKeeper buys tons of ad space on.

Download and run MalwareBytes for Mac. If you wish, you can uninstall it afterwards by using its menu option.

Pop up notification of virus infected MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.