Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Recovery only downloads High Sierra - won’t download Mojave

After the logic board was replaced on my 2918 15” MBP, macOS Recovery only downloads macOS High Sierra. It won’t directly download Mojave. If I ever want/need to do a clean install, I either need to download High Sierra first and then the latest macOS version, or create an install usb and override startuo security.

Thoughts/suggestions for a fix or correction?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 7:57 PM

Have you used Internet Recovery Mode by using Command + Option + R? I have seen some systems have issues booting the latest supported OS with this method. I have no idea why they have a problem as I've never created an tech support ticket with Apple since we have other means to install the OS, but I assume it is either due to the Logic Board and/or Apple 's Servers not providing the correct OS in Internet Recovery Mode. If you are still within the 90day part warranty service window, then I would suggest you report the issue to the repair shop who can work with Apple on your behalf to resolve the issue. Otherwise go to the Apple Store to see if they can assist you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2019 7:57 PM in response to One Big Wookie

Have you used Internet Recovery Mode by using Command + Option + R? I have seen some systems have issues booting the latest supported OS with this method. I have no idea why they have a problem as I've never created an tech support ticket with Apple since we have other means to install the OS, but I assume it is either due to the Logic Board and/or Apple 's Servers not providing the correct OS in Internet Recovery Mode. If you are still within the 90day part warranty service window, then I would suggest you report the issue to the repair shop who can work with Apple on your behalf to resolve the issue. Otherwise go to the Apple Store to see if they can assist you.

macOS Recovery only downloads High Sierra - won’t download Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.