Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full charge capacity of my MacBook Pro continuously decreasing!

Good hello everyone!

I have a MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2016. For like 3 months ago the keyboard got damaged through fluid contact and ⌘ key got stuck. Then I disassembled the body and cleaned both Top Case and Logic Board carefully. Hopefully It was still working. A month It was doing good then sticky keys appeared again. Afterwards I've wrote some scripts which disables the Internal Keyboard so the problem solved. But today I've realized my Full Charge Capacity continuously going down.

Do you guys have any idea about that? If changing the battery is the only way, I'm thinking to buy new one because even If I change it the keyboard still not working and couldn't find a new one on Internet.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 8:36 AM

I suspect the spill whacked more than the keyboard. A full charge capacity of only 745mAh should have triggered a battery warning long ago. There may be damage to the battery or to the power board section. There are a lot of delicate connectors on an MBP logic board and cleaning may have damaged one, or there is still dried liquid, or worse, corrosion due to the liquid on the board. If it is corrosion, check your bank account. Corrosion on an LB can't be "cleaned" -- the damage is done and so is the computer. It will l get worse until it does a decent imitation of a doorstop.

I do not think a new battery will clear up all your issues.

You can get a little more battery information that Apple offers with the free utility Coconut Battery. I use it all the time and it is safe as long as you get it ONLY from the developers' site:

https://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/

Post what it shows for the same values, plus what it shows the "Design Capacity" to be.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2019 8:36 AM in response to metebyte

I suspect the spill whacked more than the keyboard. A full charge capacity of only 745mAh should have triggered a battery warning long ago. There may be damage to the battery or to the power board section. There are a lot of delicate connectors on an MBP logic board and cleaning may have damaged one, or there is still dried liquid, or worse, corrosion due to the liquid on the board. If it is corrosion, check your bank account. Corrosion on an LB can't be "cleaned" -- the damage is done and so is the computer. It will l get worse until it does a decent imitation of a doorstop.

I do not think a new battery will clear up all your issues.

You can get a little more battery information that Apple offers with the free utility Coconut Battery. I use it all the time and it is safe as long as you get it ONLY from the developers' site:

https://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/

Post what it shows for the same values, plus what it shows the "Design Capacity" to be.

Full charge capacity of my MacBook Pro continuously decreasing!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.