Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Managing Text in Group chat

I have and iPhone 7 plus and I do not get the option to remove myself from a group chat or to add someone. I know you have to go to the "info" up at the top but when I do, neither option is there. Why is that? I am currently on ios 12.3.1

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 8:45 AM

Leave a group text

In the Messages app, you can leave a group text at any time, as long as there are three other people on the thread. Here's how:

1. Go to the group text that you want to leave.
  2. Tap the top of the conversation. 
  3. Tap , then tap Leave this Conversation.

To leave a group text, all participants need to be using iMessage. If you don't see the option to leave, it might mean one or more of the users isn't using a device with iMessage. You can't remove yourself from these group texts, but you can mute the conversation.

How to leave a group text on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to Leave a Group Chat in Messages for iOS on iPhone and iPad - OSXDaily

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2019 8:45 AM in response to lissycomstock

Leave a group text

In the Messages app, you can leave a group text at any time, as long as there are three other people on the thread. Here's how:

1. Go to the group text that you want to leave.
  2. Tap the top of the conversation. 
  3. Tap , then tap Leave this Conversation.

To leave a group text, all participants need to be using iMessage. If you don't see the option to leave, it might mean one or more of the users isn't using a device with iMessage. You can't remove yourself from these group texts, but you can mute the conversation.

How to leave a group text on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to Leave a Group Chat in Messages for iOS on iPhone and iPad - OSXDaily

Managing Text in Group chat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.