Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air 2018 with T2 Chip gives only Internet Recovery option and that doesn't even work due to "The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be "tbsc.apple.com"

Macbook Air 2018 with T2 Chip gives only Internet Recovery option and that doesn't even work due to "The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be "tbsc.apple.com"

I have tried all options, cmd+r, alt, safe mode, etc nothing works it just boot in internet recovery mode which after some time it gives me the option to select a language then it gives me this error:

"The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be "tbsc.apple.com"

I have tried 4 different wifi´s and its the same, i have disabled the firewall on my wifi, nothing.

I noticed one thing, since im getting all the mac os utilities disabled, like terminal, disk utility etc, i was only able to select the wifi in the wizard and when i opened it i was able to see a Installer log which showed to me that the date time is wrong, it always shows April 01, so i read in some posts that might be the issue causing the certificate error. But how can i change the date time if i don't have access to any utility like terminal

This T2 chip is very complicated

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 9:37 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 9, 2019 9:33 AM in response to jessehunt

Hi,

No it never got resolved, i tried many things, I called Apple support and they made me an appointment, went there, they couldn't fix it at store and had to take it to repair, after 3-4 days they called me that it was repaired. When i picked it up they say they had to change the motherboard and touch id. They didn't charge me anything. I think they had a serious issues with some T2 chips that's the reason they accepted and fixed it. Good luck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.