Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound from earpiece speaker

I have an iPhone X on T-Mobile with no sound coming from the earpiece speaker/receiver. Apple has sent me two replacements. That's 3 three iPhone X's with the same issue. The last replacement I tried setting up as a new iPhone and was able to replicate the issue. You can test it by going to accessibility settings and moving the left to right slider. Left is the bottom speaker. Right is the top speaker. Try playing audio as a test. I've been having this issue for 4 months now. Anyone have any luck fixing this? Apple clearly has no clue. I'm stuck restarting the iPhone 2-3 times a day to temporarily fix the issue.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 9:23 PM

2 replies

Jun 13, 2019 12:30 PM in response to Kngddjhvch

Clearly this might be 3 possibilities, first it could be a design defect by Apple, because the speaker on top sometimes can't produce loud sounds like the bottom speaker. Second possiblity is the speaker has worn out fast because every speaker needs a 1 month of low volume. What I meant is the first month of using it, don't turn up the volume to max, try and keep it in the middle first for the first month, this method is weird but sometimes it works, like Vivo phone's, they do recommend you to not open the volume to the max in the first month of using it. Third possiblity is water damage / Some dust is in the ear piece, try cleaning off or dry before using it.

No sound from earpiece speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.