Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

So I’ve had Apple Music for a while now and I’ve recently changed my Apple ID . Now I do not have Apple Music anymore but I’m still getting charged 10 dollars . I would like to know how can I get my money back.

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 10:49 AM

The subscription is tied to the Apple ID. Using a different Apple Id does not affect any subscriptions active on the previous one.

With that said, why did you get a new ID. Subscriptions, purchases and iCloud are all tied to the Apple ID. In the case of Apps downloaded with one ID, they will always require the ID and password that bought / downloaded them to update. Subscriptions will continue to be active and charge the payment method associated with the Apple Id they are tied to until you physically cancel them.

Why did you create a new Apple ID? Unless there's an exceptionally valid reason to change apple ID, it should not be done, and Apple Ids should simply be kept updated.

You'll need to access the old Apple ID and cancel the subscription by following the steps here: View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2019 10:49 AM in response to DiamondSalter

The subscription is tied to the Apple ID. Using a different Apple Id does not affect any subscriptions active on the previous one.

With that said, why did you get a new ID. Subscriptions, purchases and iCloud are all tied to the Apple ID. In the case of Apps downloaded with one ID, they will always require the ID and password that bought / downloaded them to update. Subscriptions will continue to be active and charge the payment method associated with the Apple Id they are tied to until you physically cancel them.

Why did you create a new Apple ID? Unless there's an exceptionally valid reason to change apple ID, it should not be done, and Apple Ids should simply be kept updated.

You'll need to access the old Apple ID and cancel the subscription by following the steps here: View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.