Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App notification: vibration without sound on locked screen

How to make app notification “vibrate without sound” on locked screen

• Notification setting
  • LINE
  • Messenger

With this setting, there’re sound and vibration on incoming call.

But app notifications are just only banner without vibration.

If I configure some settings, there may be sound but I just want “vibration without sound.”

Please help.

iPhone XR, iOS 12

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 10:07 AM

Probably the easeist way to do what you want is to purchase (or make but purchasing is so much easier) a "silent" ringtone. I bought one on the iTunes Store ages ago. Then, set that as your notifications tone.

5 replies

Jun 11, 2019 9:20 AM in response to J.SW

Thank you for reaching out the Apple Support Communities. Have you tried turning on the sound setting in the iOS settings app, Settings -> Notifications -> LINE -> Sounds (On). The sound option in notification settings usually refers to vibration as well, however as you have selected no sound inside the 'LINE' App then I see no reason as to why a sound should play.

I hope this helps.

Jun 11, 2019 9:28 AM in response to Scott_CB

Ahh, never mind I've been a bit of an idiot! I've just taken a second look at your screenshots, I'm afraid the sound settings in the App only control the sound whilst you are using the App, for the lock screen the option is either sound and vibration or neither. However, if you turn the sound setting on, and then put your phone on silent you will only receive a vibration.

Sorry for the confusion in my previous response.

App notification: vibration without sound on locked screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.