Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix my split Fusion Drive (iMac) using Mojave

I've tried Apple explanation and it didn't work:

This is what I get using Terminal (no fix at all):

My mistake was to erase all volumes with Disk Utility to perform a fresh instal and now I don't know how to fix muy Fusion Drive. Thank in advance for reading my post and for your time.

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 3:53 PM

If you have any external drives, USB flash drives, or SD Cards, etc. plugged in you should remove them and try again. I think you must have something else plugged in which is confusing the resetFusion command.

If that isn't the case, or removing any other drives doesn't work, type in diskutil list and take a picture of that and post it here.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience if the pre-Mojave commands for fixing a fusion drive will still work on a Mojave system or not. Barring any other advice I would attempt to try the High Sierra instructions to manually recreate things:

How to fix a split Fusion Drive - Apple Support

I have rebuilt many Fusion drives in the past (long before Apple released any instructions on how to do so) and I suspect the Mojave "resetFusion" command is just a more user-friendly way to do things and the underlying process (covered in the High Sierra instructions) still works, but this is only my best guess.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2019 3:53 PM in response to lea-law

If you have any external drives, USB flash drives, or SD Cards, etc. plugged in you should remove them and try again. I think you must have something else plugged in which is confusing the resetFusion command.

If that isn't the case, or removing any other drives doesn't work, type in diskutil list and take a picture of that and post it here.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience if the pre-Mojave commands for fixing a fusion drive will still work on a Mojave system or not. Barring any other advice I would attempt to try the High Sierra instructions to manually recreate things:

How to fix a split Fusion Drive - Apple Support

I have rebuilt many Fusion drives in the past (long before Apple released any instructions on how to do so) and I suspect the Mojave "resetFusion" command is just a more user-friendly way to do things and the underlying process (covered in the High Sierra instructions) still works, but this is only my best guess.

Jun 11, 2019 3:47 PM in response to lea-law

You likely did something incorrect or you have other problems that would prevent Apple's instructions from working. I'd suggest taking the computer to your local Apple Store or AASP to have them fix the split drive. If Apple's instructions do not work that points out that a professional diagnosis of the problem is needed and then the correct remedy may be applied.

How to fix my split Fusion Drive (iMac) using Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.