Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

always updating messa

I am consistently receiving an error message when I try to update my iPhone 6. It tells me that I am still updating from a previous update which was months ago when I first purchased the phone.

I am an artist so I have a lot of large image files that clearly are using up too much space. Should I aluminate most of my photographs from iCloud in order for this to function properly.

I was told recently at an AT&T store that I can’t add any additional space so that won’t solve the problem. They suggested just not updating but if I do that I continue to get the annoying messages that interfere with everything else I’m trying to do.

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 8:08 AM

Please explain what kind of error do you get when you try to update? What version of iOS is currently on your iPhone 6? How much storage does your Phone have and how much is storage is free? Do you update over the air in the Settings app or with iTunes? Try deleting some photos (move them to a computer). Try to update with iTunes on Mac or PC instead. You can also restore your phone to factory settings and see if that helps.

But backup everything first of course.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2019 8:08 AM in response to wayne1124

Please explain what kind of error do you get when you try to update? What version of iOS is currently on your iPhone 6? How much storage does your Phone have and how much is storage is free? Do you update over the air in the Settings app or with iTunes? Try deleting some photos (move them to a computer). Try to update with iTunes on Mac or PC instead. You can also restore your phone to factory settings and see if that helps.

But backup everything first of course.

always updating messa

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.