Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need a power converter in addition to a plug converter when traveling to Italy?

I bought a USB port / US plug converter but the instructions say I may need a power converter. My husband thinks that is only for the plug part and not the USB port.

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 2:58 PM

Apple's AC chargers run on 110v and 220v lines automatically. You do not need power converters for them, but you will need wall outlet plug converters. As for non-Apple devices you will need to check their documentation.

You do not connect an AC charger to a USB port unless the device uses a USB-C port, like the new iPad Pro and the 2018 and later laptops.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2019 2:58 PM in response to newtraveler

Apple's AC chargers run on 110v and 220v lines automatically. You do not need power converters for them, but you will need wall outlet plug converters. As for non-Apple devices you will need to check their documentation.

You do not connect an AC charger to a USB port unless the device uses a USB-C port, like the new iPad Pro and the 2018 and later laptops.

Do I need a power converter in addition to a plug converter when traveling to Italy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.