Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading apps

My phone will not let me download a free app (Snapchat) unless I enter in my debit card info and it keeps saying my valid debit card is declined. One I don’t know why it’s trying to charge anything to my card if the app is free and how do I go about downloading the app without entering in my debit card info?

Thanks, Brea

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 7:36 PM

See this, If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

iTunes requires a valid payment method to be verified on your account. It is also used to ensure you are authorized to use the country's iTunes & App Stores. Apple is not declining your card, the financial institution is, however not all debit cards are authorized.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2019 7:36 PM in response to Bree_Busby

See this, If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

iTunes requires a valid payment method to be verified on your account. It is also used to ensure you are authorized to use the country's iTunes & App Stores. Apple is not declining your card, the financial institution is, however not all debit cards are authorized.

Downloading apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.