Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplane mode is not disabling wifi

I just noticed that with my phone (or iPad) with airplane mode ON it is not disabling WiFi. I can still send or receive messages and access the internet. Software version 12.3.1. **NOTE: it DOES work on my Apple WatchOS 5.2.1

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 3:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 7:27 AM

Hmmm, I thought the point of airplane mode was to stop wifi (i.e. when you're on a plane) - In the past (up until a few days ago) if I had WIFI turned on and then turned on Airplane Mode - wifi would disconnect (and it still does that on my watch), just not on iPad or iPhone? I don't turn WIFI on and off, I use Airplane Mode...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2019 7:27 AM in response to King_Penguin

Hmmm, I thought the point of airplane mode was to stop wifi (i.e. when you're on a plane) - In the past (up until a few days ago) if I had WIFI turned on and then turned on Airplane Mode - wifi would disconnect (and it still does that on my watch), just not on iPad or iPhone? I don't turn WIFI on and off, I use Airplane Mode...

Airplane mode is not disabling wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.