Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP

Hi!

I would like to request a refund because I do not have this application. I do not know why they charge me money for it. if I had this application, I would just delete it, but since I don’t have it, I can’t do it, and today they took money from me. how can I stop it, since next month they will again take money for a non-existent application in my phone

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 8:00 AM

See Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support in case you are responding to a fake alert.

Typically apps with free trials set up an auto-renewing subscription which you need to manually revoke before it is first called on if you don't want to continue with the subscription at the end of the trial. See View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support for details on how to cancel any upcoming renewals. Removing an app or not using it are not sufficient to prevent scheduled charges.

In principle all completed sales are final, however you can potentially request a refund via https://reportaproblem.apple.com/ for a recent unexpected payment that was taken, particularly if you can argue that you haven't made any use of the service and were unaware that the subscription had been created.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2019 8:00 AM in response to aidos65

See Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support in case you are responding to a fake alert.

Typically apps with free trials set up an auto-renewing subscription which you need to manually revoke before it is first called on if you don't want to continue with the subscription at the end of the trial. See View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support for details on how to cancel any upcoming renewals. Removing an app or not using it are not sufficient to prevent scheduled charges.

In principle all completed sales are final, however you can potentially request a refund via https://reportaproblem.apple.com/ for a recent unexpected payment that was taken, particularly if you can argue that you haven't made any use of the service and were unaware that the subscription had been created.

tt2

Jun 13, 2019 8:00 AM in response to aidos65

To cancel a subscription please see View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Strictly speaking all purchases are final (after all, you can't very well return them): please see this page for information on requesting a refund: Request a refund for an App Store or iTunes Store purchase - Apple Support

However Apple have been known to be sympathetic in cases of actual error, so it's possible that they may allow you a refund as a one-off concession: but please be aware that they are under no obligation to do so: go to iTunes Store - Contact Us - Apple Support

Alternatively go to the page suggested in the Help page linked to above: Report a Problem

HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.