Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing Apple Watch series 4 with Bluetooth headphones

My series 4 watch will not discover any bluetooth devices

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 12:33 PM

Just to ask the silly question, but did you put the Bluetooth devices into "Discovery Mode"

I've paired 4 different Bluetooth headphones with my Apple Watch. The only trivial one was my Apple AirPods. But I've paired Sony Noise Canceling headphones, 15 year old Jabra headphones, and 15 year old Insignia Bluetooth headphones.

And for the last 3, I had to Google to find out how I put the headphones into Bluetooth Discovery Mode.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2019 12:33 PM in response to Scully98

Just to ask the silly question, but did you put the Bluetooth devices into "Discovery Mode"

I've paired 4 different Bluetooth headphones with my Apple Watch. The only trivial one was my Apple AirPods. But I've paired Sony Noise Canceling headphones, 15 year old Jabra headphones, and 15 year old Insignia Bluetooth headphones.

And for the last 3, I had to Google to find out how I put the headphones into Bluetooth Discovery Mode.

Jun 13, 2019 9:08 AM in response to Scully98

If your Apple Watch still can't connect, unpair your devices, then pair them again:

• On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
  • On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, then tap your watch at the top of the screen. ... 
  • Pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again.

Pairing Apple Watch series 4 with Bluetooth headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.