Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi WORKS on Windows but NOT on Mac

I just installed Boot Camp on a refurbished 2015 Macbook Pro. Up until that point, the wifi worked great on the machine. After installing Boot Camp, wifi works fine when using the Windows OS. When I switch over to the Mac Operating System, I cannot get the machine to recognize the same wifi it was just connected to.

MacOS has no problem connecting to wifi outside of the home wifi and I am using my older machine connected to that same wifi right now and it works fine.

The ONLY issue is when the new machine is on MacOS and it tries to connect to the internet. It sees the wifi network and tries to connect, but it is unable to.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 5:02 PM

I was able to fix it. There was an issue with the router and the frequencies. I reset the 5GHz frequency.

I followed instructions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNieRdO6244

Thanks for all your help, I couldnt have gotten to this point without you helping me tick boxes of what it wasnt!

14 replies

Jun 13, 2019 2:53 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Clicked accidentally. This is not helpful.

I tried the suggestions on that page already and they did not help.

Additionally, I deleted the saved settings for the network on the computer and tried to connect again. When prompted for the password, I entered it correctly and it would always return "Incorrect Password." I tried the same password on my phone and other laptop and both times, upon entering the password, it was accepted and reconnected instantly.

Again, the internet works fine when I run Boot Camp. I can stream youtube and netflix easily on it. As soon as I switch over to the MacOS, it will not connect.

Could it have something to do with MAC Address?

Jun 13, 2019 3:02 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Like unplugging and restarting both?

Already tried that as well.

The router is on its vanilla settings, nothing weird done to it.

I was able to get the wifi to work a bit last night after some fiddling with having the systems diagnostics run. It would get most of the way through its diagnostic and would then connect but I have not been able to get it to do it again since last night.

Jun 13, 2019 4:34 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

I tried that. This has not resolved the issue. I can see the network I want to add and when I select it and correctly input the password, it tells me invalid password after spending 20 seconds thinking. I know the password is correct.

I have tried tethering my phone to the computer and that works immediately.

I imported all files and system preferences from a Time Machine backup of the computer I am currently using to respond to this thread. Would having both running at the same time have any effect on this?

Wifi WORKS on Windows but NOT on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.