Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cancelled my Apple Music subscription and my music is all gone

I recently cancelled my Apple Music subscription and my music is all gone and I’ve gone into settings and onto the Apple Music part to try retrieve it however it is not that and wanted to know how to get my music back?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 2:13 PM

You only retain the rights to listen to music you've downloaded through Apple Music for as long as you continue to subscribe. That is the difference between subscribing to Apple Music and purchasing music through iTunes.

2 replies

Jun 14, 2019 7:30 AM in response to alfie145

Apple music is a subscription, so the songs you downloaded are not actually "yours" but you are essentially being given access to them. Once you cancel Apple Music, you are only left with the music you have actually have explicitly purchased through iTunes.

If this were not the case then anyone could sign up, download every song they could ever want, and then cancel the subscription and get tens of thousands of songs for like $10 or free.

Cancelled my Apple Music subscription and my music is all gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.