Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 4 GPS+Cellular

Can I use my Apple Watch without registering the Esim to the Apple Watch because my current network provider does not yet support the Apple Watch Esim.

Thank you

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 3:38 PM

There is no problem using your Apple Watch LTE without activating the cellular functions. The watch will behave exactly like the GPS (non cellular) model, and all other functions will work. In fact, the Bluetooth link via iPhone when the phone is in range is the default communication for all Apple Watches, and the cellular radio is the last resort fallback method. Cellular is heavier on the watch battery so it is only activated when the other routes are unavailable.

Adding... if you are using the watch only in non cellular mode through your iPhone you don’t even need to tell your network, unless you do so much extra that you need to increase your data allowance.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2019 3:38 PM in response to Hasan-Hussain

There is no problem using your Apple Watch LTE without activating the cellular functions. The watch will behave exactly like the GPS (non cellular) model, and all other functions will work. In fact, the Bluetooth link via iPhone when the phone is in range is the default communication for all Apple Watches, and the cellular radio is the last resort fallback method. Cellular is heavier on the watch battery so it is only activated when the other routes are unavailable.

Adding... if you are using the watch only in non cellular mode through your iPhone you don’t even need to tell your network, unless you do so much extra that you need to increase your data allowance.

Apple Watch Series 4 GPS+Cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.