Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch health app. Change units.

After an enjoyable 12 mile walk in upland country, I find that the App reports that I’ve ascended 136 flights. As I didn’t climb a single staircase, can’t I change units to feet? Or even Metres? I am otherwise well pleased with the Watch.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 2:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 7:10 AM

Open the Health app on iPhone and tap on the “Walking + Running Distance” Dashboard. Scroll down where you will see the “Unit” settingand tap on that. Choose “Mi” for Miles or “km” for Kilometers. Return back to the Health Dashboard to see the change in measurement.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2019 7:10 AM in response to JamesG_SE

Open the Health app on iPhone and tap on the “Walking + Running Distance” Dashboard. Scroll down where you will see the “Unit” settingand tap on that. Choose “Mi” for Miles or “km” for Kilometers. Return back to the Health Dashboard to see the change in measurement.

Apple Watch health app. Change units.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.