Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Instrument sounds and loops.

I like the sound of an instrument used in a GarageBand loop, a loop that came with my initial installation. How can I use this (the sound, not the loop) i my own music?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 8:55 AM

Steve McLure wrote:

I like the sound of an instrument used in a GarageBand loop, a loop that came with my initial installation. How can I use this (the sound, not the loop) i my own music?

assuming this is a MIDI loop, drop it into the timeline and delete the loop, the track will now be set to that instrument.

if it's an audio loop, you'd need to have the actual (physical) instrument to record

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2019 8:55 AM in response to Steve McLure

Steve McLure wrote:

assuming this is a MIDI loop, drop it into the timeline and delete the loop, the track will now be set to that instrument.

if it's an audio loop, you'd need to have the actual (physical) instrument to record

Instrument sounds and loops.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.