Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple iphone 8 Plus - Home Button question

I just got a new Apple iphone 8 Plus. When I hit the HOME button, it feels like the bottom of the phone/or the lower half of the casing of the phone 'moves', kind of 'clicks' or vibrates (it's hard to describe). Is this normal, or could there be a problem with the phone? I had a 6 plus before, and hitting the home button did not cause any movement at all, no feeling at all holding the phone. This one does, as if something in the phone casing is loose.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 3:16 PM

Yes its normal. That's the haptic feedback.

Since the home button on an iPhone 8 is not an actual mechanical button it has no travel, and no actual click. Haptic feedback offers a confirmation of the button being clicked or pressed instead.

You can configure the click feel in Settings->General->Home Button between 3 different strengths.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2019 3:16 PM in response to Justd01t

Yes its normal. That's the haptic feedback.

Since the home button on an iPhone 8 is not an actual mechanical button it has no travel, and no actual click. Haptic feedback offers a confirmation of the button being clicked or pressed instead.

You can configure the click feel in Settings->General->Home Button between 3 different strengths.

New Apple iphone 8 Plus - Home Button question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.