Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-setting Apple ID

My phone is set to an old Apple ID with an email I no longer have access to and I can’t remember what I put for my security questions. How do I either reset my password for the Apple ID or restore the phone to factory settings? I want to pass it on to my daughter and appear to have scuppered myself!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 8:16 AM

If the steps in the article below don’t work, contact Apple ID Support, although I’m not sure they will help. There have been posts that state Apple ID Support will no longer help reset security questions.

Apple ID - If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions

Enter your Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option.  You may need to pick a problem that is slightly different than yours to get a chat option.  

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

If necessary, If you are the original owner, take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. 

Or fill out and submit this form.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2019 8:16 AM in response to Feths

If the steps in the article below don’t work, contact Apple ID Support, although I’m not sure they will help. There have been posts that state Apple ID Support will no longer help reset security questions.

Apple ID - If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions

Enter your Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option.  You may need to pick a problem that is slightly different than yours to get a chat option.  

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

If necessary, If you are the original owner, take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. 

Or fill out and submit this form.

Re-setting Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.