Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove screen mirroring device

For some reason I see extra Apple TV devices when trying to screen mirror from my iPhone. No clue what “Apple TV” and “k” are and how to remove them. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 2:53 PM

I have the same question, but I KNOW the other device showing up under my screen mirroring option is mine. I had connected my iphone to a Samsung tv that I no longer own. The tv is gone...out of the house...but the option for that tv still shows up. I know none of my neighbors happen to have that same model. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2019 2:53 PM in response to Shareef Yousef

I have the same question, but I KNOW the other device showing up under my screen mirroring option is mine. I had connected my iphone to a Samsung tv that I no longer own. The tv is gone...out of the house...but the option for that tv still shows up. I know none of my neighbors happen to have that same model. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jun 15, 2019 10:04 AM in response to Shareef Yousef

Your iOS device might pick up other Apple TVs within bluetooth range, that do not have the “same network” setting. Especially in apartment buildings that can happen.

Or your network is open for others, and others have their Apple TV on the same network.

I don’t think you can remove them, unless you ask your neighbors to change their settings.

Jun 15, 2019 11:17 AM in response to Shareef Yousef

Does that mean my neighbors can see my devices? If so, how do I disable that on the Apple TVs as we only use WiFi.

This should disable that:

Manage AirPlay settings on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Settings﹥AirPlay﹥Allow Access﹥Anyone on the Same Network﹥✓

Settings﹥AirPlay﹥Allow Access﹥Also Allow Nearby to AirPlay﹥Off (or temporarily ‘On’ for guests, if wanted.)

I also live in a house, so a bit surprised we can see any other Apple TVs via BT.

I don’t know the exact numbers for Apple TV, but a strong BT transmitter can have a range up to 400 m, or even 1000 m outdoors (free field).

remove screen mirroring device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.