Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not reinstall OS X Mavericks

I am planning on selling my MacBook Air from 2011. I have erased the content via Disk Utility and have tried installing Maverick. Something went wrong and I had to disrupt the installation. Now when I try again it’s says that the installation information for the machine could not be found. How can I move forward?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 9:59 AM

Try booting into Internet Recovery (Shift - command - option/alt - R on a restart). It is a slow process. This will install the OS that the computer came with or the closest available OS. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility. Then install the OS.

OS X Recovery

OS X Recovery (2)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2019 9:59 AM in response to Nerosh

Try booting into Internet Recovery (Shift - command - option/alt - R on a restart). It is a slow process. This will install the OS that the computer came with or the closest available OS. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility. Then install the OS.

OS X Recovery

OS X Recovery (2)

Can not reinstall OS X Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.