Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mickey on Apple Watch won’t speak-but Minnie does

I haven’t seen this one yet, but Minnie says the time when tapped but Mickey doesn’t.

I got the watch brand new two weeks ago. I’ve turned the “tap to talk” on and off, waited several minutes and Mickey won’t talk, but Minnie does.

Its fully charged. Connected to WiFi and Bluetooth. Synced with phone. So if Minnie works, why isn’t Mickey? Maybe Minnie gave Mickey the weekend off? Idk.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Apple Watch Series 4, 5

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 1:33 PM

Try it again. If you had just updated your watch it may have taken a little while for both voices to download. Otherwise, follow this....https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT207194

2 replies

Jun 18, 2019 7:40 AM in response to julieda

I did everything and nothing worked.

Yesterday I did this, I removed BOTH faces and let the battery die. I charged it a bit and put Mickey back on. It now works.

But thank you @julieda for being helpful, I truly appreciate it. I had found other threads after I had posted this and I'm not the only one that had this problem. I did what others suggested in the other posts and none of them worked either. What I think did it was finally letting the battery die and maybe that rebooted something when I recharged.

Mickey on Apple Watch won’t speak-but Minnie does

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.