Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iTunes is corrupted How do I fix this?

Hello my name is Jason and my iTunes it corrupted and I don't know how to fix this I tried to uninstall iTunes but it said no and I also tried to download a new one but it also said no. If there is a answer to this then that would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 7:04 PM

17 replies

Jun 16, 2019 11:08 AM in response to Jasonrex07

Let's assume then that your iTunes is not corrupted since that's not getting us anywhere.

• Regarding "updates", do you mean you are unable to update your iTunes programme to the latest version (which on the day of writing is 12.5.9.7)? If so, which version are you running and which version of Windows are you using?
  • Regarding "or anything"; please be more specific about what you cannot do, or what doe not happen.

Jun 16, 2019 2:51 PM in response to Jasonrex07

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment. Links to the most recent builds are now at the bottom of the page.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Jun 16, 2019 12:19 PM in response to Jasonrex07

What would be helpful is if you explain the symptoms of your problem, that is, what caused you to think there was any problem with your iPod?

So far we've had:

• your iTunes is corrupted - and yet there's no evidence of this
  • you can't uninstall iTunes - but I have no idea why you think you need to
  • you can't download iTunes again - but just an imprecise "no" as the reason why you can't
  • it won't let you update - despite my asking, I'm still not clear what you're trying to update. If it's iTunes itself, since you don't know which version of iTunes you are using, why exactly do you think it needs updating, did you get a message telling you there was an update?
  • it won't let you (do) anything - that really doesn't help. Does it open? Does it play music when you select a song? Does it import new music? I could go on, but really, you have to help here
  • you're running Windows 10 - that is useful, since it means that it is not an old and outdated version Windows that is causing a problem

What can you not do on your iPod that caused you to start this discussion?

Jun 16, 2019 12:33 PM in response to the fiend

I want to uninstall iTunes so I can reinstall it and use the app but it says no, It do sent let me download it again because I need to uninstall the original one, iTunes wont let me update the app and yes I did get a message that it needs to update and once it does then there is a error it says this package can not be installed please get support, I could do all that but now it do-sent let me open the app, Here is some evidence of this. That is all of the pictures that I can get right now.

My iTunes is corrupted How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.