You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound for text notifications

Someone asked this back in 2017 with no replies. So I am asking again...... My iPhone is not ringing(text message alerts) when I am using my iPad. I have tested this multiple times. If my iPad is locked, my iPhone text alerts will sound. If my iPad screen is open and say I’m browsing the web, it will not sound an alert. Help! I am missing text messages because my iPhone doesn’t make noise and my ipad doesn’t show me a banner when I get a text if my ipad is open. If Ipad is locked, iPhone makes appropriate noise/notification.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 16, 2019 12:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2019 1:39 PM

What you've described indicated your devices are working exactly as designed. In the scheme of iOS devices, there is an order based on what is being used. If you have Apple Watch for example and it is on your wrist and active, your watch will alert you to incoming messages and phone calls, even if your iPhone is nearby. If you are using your iPad, and your iPhone is nearby, with the screen off, your iPad will alert you to incoming texts, not your phone. If your iPad is locked, your phone will alert you.

Nothing appears to be amiss with anything you wrote.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2019 1:39 PM in response to Noritaarf

What you've described indicated your devices are working exactly as designed. In the scheme of iOS devices, there is an order based on what is being used. If you have Apple Watch for example and it is on your wrist and active, your watch will alert you to incoming messages and phone calls, even if your iPhone is nearby. If you are using your iPad, and your iPhone is nearby, with the screen off, your iPad will alert you to incoming texts, not your phone. If your iPad is locked, your phone will alert you.

Nothing appears to be amiss with anything you wrote.

No sound for text notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.