Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch series 4 dies after pool

I took my apple watch to do a couple of laps in the pool had the water lock on it came out to see my progress the watch died .

Posted on Jun 17, 2019 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 4:33 AM

This happened to mine again yesterday. I had this issue 2 weeks ago and I brought it to the apple store in Manchester, NH (in case apple even reads these). The employee told me I should send it out and not tell them I was swimming in my pool. I told him I wouldn't lie as I was in fact swimming in my pool. I asked for a manager and they told me it was too busy. They sent it. When it came back, they said apple was able to power it up. I tried for 4 days before I brought it to the apple store. The kicker is, I was going to be charged $299 for doing exactly what apple promotes the watch for being able to do. If it revives this time, I think i'll sell it. I love it, but not when it's becoming a $1200 watch that can be used for what it's intended.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2019 4:33 AM in response to edshaban

This happened to mine again yesterday. I had this issue 2 weeks ago and I brought it to the apple store in Manchester, NH (in case apple even reads these). The employee told me I should send it out and not tell them I was swimming in my pool. I told him I wouldn't lie as I was in fact swimming in my pool. I asked for a manager and they told me it was too busy. They sent it. When it came back, they said apple was able to power it up. I tried for 4 days before I brought it to the apple store. The kicker is, I was going to be charged $299 for doing exactly what apple promotes the watch for being able to do. If it revives this time, I think i'll sell it. I love it, but not when it's becoming a $1200 watch that can be used for what it's intended.

Jun 19, 2019 3:00 AM in response to edshaban

I don’t because I’ve had every single iPhone and 6 iPads as well as 4 of every version of Apple TV and nothings ever gone wrong. This was my first watch. They sold me on the guy surfing with the watch on. If I ever even co soccer one, I’ll surely buy the Apple care. My watch did finally turn back on yesterday. It keeps going through resets and the crown spinning no longer works for any of the functions.

apple watch series 4 dies after pool

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.