Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes music not playing

I recently had to update my payment information as my credit card has expired and I received a new one. Now my Itunes does not want to play music. It just shuffle's through all the songs without playing anything.

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 3:05 AM

1 reply

Jun 18, 2019 3:16 PM in response to Sammi_Quinnn

Hello Sammi_Quinnn,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I see you're not able to play music after updating your billing information.

To confirm, it sounds like this is happening with content from the Apple Music service; is that right, or are you referring to imported/purchased content?

When you say it's shuffling through the songs without playing anything, what exactly do you see? Does it appear to be playing random/shuffled songs from your library with no audio, starting songs and then stopping, or something else?

As a start, does it help if you Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and try again?

You could also try signing out by tapping Settings > [name] > iTunes & App Store; then, tap the Apple ID and sign out, then sign back in and test it out. Keep in mind that when you do this, any content downloaded for offline play will be removed and you'll need to re-download that.

If restarting doesn't clear things up, check out this resource for some additional troubleshooting suggestions to see if this helps: Get help with iCloud Music Library

I hope this helps get you started! Have a great night.

Itunes music not playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.