Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will a rented movie stop playing if it is due to expire whilst I'm still watching it?

Hi, I wanted to know the answer to this on the weekend. There were varied answers available and none recent so I just ended up experimenting.

I now have the answer but couldn't seem to reply to anyone's existing questions so I made a new post.

Rented a movie, had 45 minutes left for the rental when I began watching this 2 hour movie. All was fine, the movie played right through. I even got cheeky and rewound/ fast forward/ paused the movie and all was fine. Even when I pressed the menu button on my apple remote app I was given a warning (photo enclosed).

I am in Australia.

First Gen Apple TV

Standard movie rental (30days/ 48hours)

Hope this helps others. This is my first post.

Apple TV

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 3:55 AM

There are no replies.

Will a rented movie stop playing if it is due to expire whilst I'm still watching it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.