You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi button won't slide to on

My iPad air won't let the WiFi button slide over to turn on. I used Wifi last night. I have tried the airplane mode toggle, have restarted multiple times, have tried reset network settings. Nothing is working. There is a iOS update to be done, but I can't do it because I can't connect to Wifi. Help! I feel like I have tried everything.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 8:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 5:50 AM

Good morning Tila67!

I see that you're having some trouble with the Wi-Fi button not toggling on. I'll be happy to help out.

You mentioned that you can't update because you're not on Wi-Fi. Try using iTunes on a computer to update the device instead: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. After updating, try toggling Wi-Fi on again. If it still doesn't work, let us know if the issue is with the toggle not appearing to respond to touch or if the Wi-Fi option is completely grayed out.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 19, 2019 5:50 AM in response to Tila67

Good morning Tila67!

I see that you're having some trouble with the Wi-Fi button not toggling on. I'll be happy to help out.

You mentioned that you can't update because you're not on Wi-Fi. Try using iTunes on a computer to update the device instead: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. After updating, try toggling Wi-Fi on again. If it still doesn't work, let us know if the issue is with the toggle not appearing to respond to touch or if the Wi-Fi option is completely grayed out.

Cheers!

Jun 19, 2019 5:54 AM in response to Tila67

Hi there!

Update will probably fix the issue, but just in case..

I recommend you to backup all your data first (and restore it after doing 2nd step): How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Then restore iPhone to it's original state: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Doing that will probably fix the issue, otherwise it's most likely hardware issue - repairing your phone is nearest Apple Store responsibility - feel free to contact them!

Wifi button won't slide to on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.