Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud is asking me to verify my email address and sends a code. I had to go to library to pull up code as no computer access at home and trying to set up mac pro. can code be sent to my cell phone?

I am trying to add my aol email account on the iCloud and asked to verify my email and sent a code to my via email. I don't have access to computer at home as trying to set up my new MacBook Pro and went to local library and accessed code but the code did not work. Don't know how long code lasts. Can I get this code messaged to my cell phone? It only gives option of sending code by email message on this.

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 7:15 PM

yes with the latest version of Apple ID. You can get it via email and phone call too. If you have an iPhone, you can use it as a "trusted device"

john b

you may have to sign in on Apple's Apple ID page and turn on 2 factor verification, then choose the method for Apple to send you the 6 character code

1 reply

icloud is asking me to verify my email address and sends a code. I had to go to library to pull up code as no computer access at home and trying to set up mac pro. can code be sent to my cell phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.