Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple GPS/Location Services Issues with ForeFlight App

Hey there, I just bought a brand new iPad Pro 11 inch from Apple. I have been using an application that most pilots use to navigate airspace in the U.S. which utilizes the GPS chip in the Cellular Data model (which I have), but it has come to my attention that it doesn’t perform well. I have the iPad mini 4 and compared them side to side and the mini had a signal at 30,000 feet with up to a 5 meter accuracy yet the Pro had absolutely nothing. I emailed the company/App (ForeFlight) and they said it was not a software issue but could be an issue with the new GPS chips in these ipad pros. I was wondering if this could possibly be a software problem or sadly a hardware problem, or if there may even be any fix to this. For the record, I have done everything ForeFlight recommends in regards to location services, rebooting, in-app settings, etc with no luck. Any light on this would be greatly appreciated!

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 9:25 AM

There are no replies.

Apple GPS/Location Services Issues with ForeFlight App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.