Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting a email from app store

I keep getting a weird email from the App Store that I will be charged for a purchase. When I hit reply it’s a weird email with a bunch of missed spelled words in the subject. Wondering if there is anything I can do to stop it.

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 2:09 PM

That sounds like a phishing email.

See: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

The first link above has instructions on how to report it to Apple but that won't necessarily stop it. Depending on your email provider or app you can have it classified as spam or junk.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2019 2:09 PM in response to Ryan-knotts

That sounds like a phishing email.

See: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

The first link above has instructions on how to report it to Apple but that won't necessarily stop it. Depending on your email provider or app you can have it classified as spam or junk.

Getting a email from app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.