Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to install microsoft office for my MAC pro version yosemite 10.10.5,but cannot do as it asked for version 10.12..0 or later,what should I do?

I need to install microsoft office for my MAC pro version yosemite 10.10.5,but cannot do as it asked for version 10.12..0 or later,what should I do?

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 10:05 AM

Check the computer requirements shown in each link to see if your computer is capable of running that OS version.

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

How to get macOS High Sierra   

Sierra download

Check to make sure your applications are compatible.        

Application Compatibility

macOS Sierra 10.12: Compatible Apps

Also check to make sure there is a compatible driver for your printer.

Do a backup before installing, preferable 2 backups on 2 different drives.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2019 10:05 AM in response to happiness77

Check the computer requirements shown in each link to see if your computer is capable of running that OS version.

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

How to get macOS High Sierra   

Sierra download

Check to make sure your applications are compatible.        

Application Compatibility

macOS Sierra 10.12: Compatible Apps

Also check to make sure there is a compatible driver for your printer.

Do a backup before installing, preferable 2 backups on 2 different drives.

Jun 21, 2019 7:19 AM in response to happiness77

I love my 10.10.5 MBP and will never upgrade... that is unless it spontaneously gets engulfed in a ball of fire?!?

With that being said, unsure what your issue is because I am running Office at the moment with zero issues. Make sure you have an install that allows for cross-platform installs - e.g. older versions.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Serial Number]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.