Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photos in photos are missing

My photos have disappeared.

How do I recover them.

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2019 2:27 AM

First of all - you have already checked the Recently Deleted album, if your photos are there, right (Get help with missing photos - Apple Support)?

Photos is storing the photos in a Photos Library. Where are you keeping the Photos Library? Is it on an external drive or in the Pictures folder in your user home folder?

If Photos cannot find the Photos Library, it may create a new, empty library, when you launch it. To check, if Photos is using the correct Photos Library, hold down the options key ⌥ when you launch Photos. Keep holding down the options key, until the library chooser dialog appears. Isthere a different library shown? Try all libraries in turn.

If Photos has opened the correct library, but there are still photos missing, tell us more, please.

What happened, before your Photos vanished? Did you just upgrade to a new system? Did Photos crash? Have you moved your Photos Library a different location? Have you been using any cleaning software to save storage?

Are you using iCloud Photos, and is there a problem with iCloud? Did you delete photos on a different device, for example an iPhone?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2019 2:27 AM in response to Coop3842

First of all - you have already checked the Recently Deleted album, if your photos are there, right (Get help with missing photos - Apple Support)?

Photos is storing the photos in a Photos Library. Where are you keeping the Photos Library? Is it on an external drive or in the Pictures folder in your user home folder?

If Photos cannot find the Photos Library, it may create a new, empty library, when you launch it. To check, if Photos is using the correct Photos Library, hold down the options key ⌥ when you launch Photos. Keep holding down the options key, until the library chooser dialog appears. Isthere a different library shown? Try all libraries in turn.

If Photos has opened the correct library, but there are still photos missing, tell us more, please.

What happened, before your Photos vanished? Did you just upgrade to a new system? Did Photos crash? Have you moved your Photos Library a different location? Have you been using any cleaning software to save storage?

Are you using iCloud Photos, and is there a problem with iCloud? Did you delete photos on a different device, for example an iPhone?

My photos in photos are missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.