Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black lines on my airpod case.

Hello fellow Apple users, I have noticed that after 1 week use of my new airpods there has been appearing a black line on my case, which then with time increased. Now there are loads of them, and I literally just bought them 1-2 months ago, which means that they are pretty new. Is this some sort of a failure of the case itself? Like burnt marks, or what? I need answers, and I am really unhappy about this. This problem only occurs on the back side, of my airpod case, and not on the front which makes me think that it's maybe a battery problem? Is this replaceable?

Posted on Jun 22, 2019 1:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2019 5:14 PM

As noted already where ever you are storing them is causing the discolouration. No big issue, think of it adding character to your AirPods. They will not stay shine new forever. My AirPods case has changed from blackish, blueish and reddish stains over time. I prefer the blueish tint they get from the change pocket in a pair of new blue jeans. ;)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2019 5:14 PM in response to EmiTheMartyr

As noted already where ever you are storing them is causing the discolouration. No big issue, think of it adding character to your AirPods. They will not stay shine new forever. My AirPods case has changed from blackish, blueish and reddish stains over time. I prefer the blueish tint they get from the change pocket in a pair of new blue jeans. ;)

Black lines on my airpod case.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.