Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an album on my iPad but I can only play 18 out of 21 songs

Hi

I am not subscribed to Apple Music but I buy albums from iTunes on my iPad.

Today i I paid for an album with 21 songs but only 18 songs are showing up on my ipad. I deleted the album from my library and redownloaded it but it will only show me 18 songs.

When I go back to iTunes, I see the missing songs; they are tagged with ‘purchased’ whereas the others are tagged with ‘play’.

When end I go back into my albums, I see “show complete album”; when I click it I see the missing songs BUT when I click on the songs, a dialog box is displayed which asks me to subscribe to Apple Music before I can listen to what I’ve paid for!

The album is ‘Chopin: Nocturnes (Complete)’ by Elisabeth Leonskaja and was released in 1994.

There is no indication anywhere that I need Apple Music for some songs.

can you advise me please? I have tried to contact Apple directly but I cannot find a direct link for communicating with them.

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 23, 2019 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2019 4:49 AM

If they don't show in the Purchased section in the iTunes Store app for redownloading : Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

check to see if you've hidden them : Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

If you want to contact iTunes Support you can use the 'contact support' link at the top right of every page on here, your purchase history, the emailed receipt, http://reportaproblem.apple.com, or http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww (click on your country's flag, the country where you live, and which is therefore the country on the account ; click on Contact Support towards the top right ; click on Get Help under 'Talk To Us’)

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2019 4:49 AM in response to kayodeok

If they don't show in the Purchased section in the iTunes Store app for redownloading : Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

check to see if you've hidden them : Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

If you want to contact iTunes Support you can use the 'contact support' link at the top right of every page on here, your purchase history, the emailed receipt, http://reportaproblem.apple.com, or http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww (click on your country's flag, the country where you live, and which is therefore the country on the account ; click on Contact Support towards the top right ; click on Get Help under 'Talk To Us’)

Jun 23, 2019 6:11 AM in response to King_Penguin

Hi

Thanks for responding; I’ve checked and confirmed I am not hiding any purchases in iTunes on my Mac.

Itunes on on my iPad however wouldn’t download the 3 songs so I shut down iTunes on my iPad then restarted it and looked for music ‘not on this ipad’.

i found about 10 songs from 4 different albums with the same symptoms. The download icon is visible and clicking it changes the icon to ‘downloading’ and it is also visible in ‘downloads’ (next to ‘purchases’) BUT then the icon reverts back to the download icon.

This is happened several times with me clicking download and the icon briefing changing to ‘downloading’ then reverting back to the ‘download’ icon. I restarted iTunes on my iPad again and retried again. This time I was able to download for several albums except the ones which triggered this call.

After yet another restart, I been able to download the music and now I can confirm ‘not on this ipad’ Is empty.

(I’ve also confirmed I’m not getting a request to subscribe to Apple Music)

Thanks a lot for your help. (I’ve also logged this with Apple when I initially couldn’t get the music to download so will cancel the call if they respond).

I bought an album on my iPad but I can only play 18 out of 21 songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.