Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White "sidebar" in Finder

As of recently a white "sidebar" has popped up when I open my Finder. I've tried everything to somehow get rid of it but nothing has worked. I'm able to "close" it but when I reopen my Finder it's there again. Help?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 23, 2019 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2019 11:06 AM

That 'white sidebar' on the right hand side of your screenshot is actually the Preview Pane, if you highlight what is in the middle column you will see a Preview of it in the right hand column, this works best for documents, images. movies etc. so when in Finder and with a Finder window open click on View in the menubar and click on Show Preview/ Hide Preview to set as your preference.

Get to know your Mac, you paid a lot for it.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2019 11:06 AM in response to sofie65

That 'white sidebar' on the right hand side of your screenshot is actually the Preview Pane, if you highlight what is in the middle column you will see a Preview of it in the right hand column, this works best for documents, images. movies etc. so when in Finder and with a Finder window open click on View in the menubar and click on Show Preview/ Hide Preview to set as your preference.

Get to know your Mac, you paid a lot for it.

White "sidebar" in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.