Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I delete iPhoto app on my mac now that all my photos are on Photo app on mac?

Hi,

I have all my photos on the Photos app on my mac and they are all stored on iCloud.

I have deleted all the photos that I used to have in the iPhoto app on my mac.

Can I now delete the iPhoto app?

Kind regards

Marc

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 24, 2019 10:58 AM

2 replies

Jun 25, 2019 9:31 AM in response to Mr_Ok

Yes you can but you might want to hold off on that if you have iPhoto 9.6.1. If you have any intention of creating a photo book with Photos be aware that Apple no longer offers these books and they must be obtained thru 3rd party software and book providers. Using the 3rd party software is not the easiest to do.

However, if you have iPhoto 9.6.1 you can create the books, save them was PDF files and order them thru one of two online providers that will accept the pdf files to print and bind books.

If you don't have any plans for photo books then go ahead and delete the iPhoto Library (make sure you have all of your photos in the new library beforehand). I'd keep the iPhoto App as it doesn't take up that much room and if you decide you might need it later on you'll have it. Delete it and you may not be able to get it back.

Can I delete iPhoto app on my mac now that all my photos are on Photo app on mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.