Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

question about reset and new sim card

Hi there,

I recently retired from my job and they let me keep my work phone. Iphone6s. I have the passcode and can use internet on WiFi, but there is no phone service. It still has my work info on the phone. If I do a total reset and replace the SIM card, can I take the phone to any carrier or put my SIM card from my other phone in my iPhone?

If I do a factory reset, will I still need my passcode or will that be reset also?

I know nothing about smart phones...so I hope I asked questions correctly.

Thank you

Posted on Jun 24, 2019 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2019 12:52 PM

There are four different iPhone 6S models. Some work with some carriers, others do not.

Check Settings > General > About > Model Number and report the result here.

You could certainly use a different SIM from the same carrier your iPhone previously used.

Once you do Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and Settings (as you absolutely should do), you may then create your own passcode as if the iPhone were new.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2019 12:52 PM in response to trolling1965

There are four different iPhone 6S models. Some work with some carriers, others do not.

Check Settings > General > About > Model Number and report the result here.

You could certainly use a different SIM from the same carrier your iPhone previously used.

Once you do Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and Settings (as you absolutely should do), you may then create your own passcode as if the iPhone were new.

question about reset and new sim card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.