7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2010 1:43 PM by Jeff Shaw1
rbeckmann Level 1 Level 1
Does the bumper/other cover fully, or partially, "resolve" the antenna (attenuation) issue?

I would never use my iPhone without a cover for grip/drop protection (use the Incase Protective Cover on my 3G). If it fully resolves it, then it would be a non issue for me.

I've compared my 3G to the 4G several times at the local Apple Store. Love the relative blazing speed on the 4G and the multitasking is a big plus for me. I can live with other issues assuming resolved by firmware/software updates.

I expect to be notified at any time that the 4G I reserved at my local Apple store has arrived and am debating on canceling and waiting.

3G, iOS 4, Windows 7
Reply by captainAJ on Jul 13, 2010 1:24 PM Helpful
No, I read through the threads and the bumper doesn't fully resolve the problems. At this rate we might need a poll on every single case that claims to solve the problem lolz. Okay, to be realistic, I think "smart design case + good coverage area + luck" = chance you can fix the antenna issue. Good luck everyone I'm waiting for mine to come and test it out..
Reply by terry_r on Jul 13, 2010 1:41 PM Helpful
Case I've got (not an apple product) makes very little difference. When I'm in a strong signal area, bare hand or case does not effect signal. In a weaker signal area, bare hand or case does effect it.Terry

All replies

• martinctv Level 1 Level 1
    For some it seems to have fixed their issues and for some it has not. Just read through the threads and make a decision. Some folks are very happy with the bumper or case. I would recommend a case even if there was not an issue.
    Good luck.
  • jabecker Level 1 Level 1
    It depends. I'm in an area with mostly good coverage. I have an iFrogz case on mine, and that has resolved most of the antenna issue for me. Other people have had better luck with other cases. Your mileage may vary.

You have 30 days to take it back if you have problems and the problems cannot be resolved to your satisfaction.
  • BSween Level 1 Level 1
    Clear fingernail polish.
  • D0GG Level 3 Level 3
    When I put on a case, the loss of signal was gone.
  • captainAJ Level 1 Level 1
    No, I read through the threads and the bumper doesn't fully resolve the problems. At this rate we might need a poll on every single case that claims to solve the problem lolz.

Okay, to be realistic, I think "smart design case + good coverage area + luck" = chance you can fix the antenna issue.

Good luck everyone I'm waiting for mine to come and test it out..
  • terry_r Level 1 Level 1
    Case I've got (not an apple product) makes very little difference. When I'm in a strong signal area, bare hand or case does not effect signal. In a weaker signal area, bare hand or case does effect it.

Terry
  • Jeff Shaw1 Level 1 Level 1
    martinctv wrote:
    For some it seems to have fixed their issues and for some it has not. Just read through the threads and make a decision. Some folks are very happy with the bumper or case. I would recommend a case even if there was not an issue.
    Good luck.

This.