Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing what apps are available to add to the control center

I have an iPad Pro but I would like to add a calculator app to the control center but it’s not an option when you look at all the different ones and you can add it’s not on the list I need to know how to add it?

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 25, 2019 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2019 10:59 AM

The reason you can't add a calculator to the Control Center on the iPad is because the iPad software does not include a calculator. At this time, Apple doesn't allow you to add third-party apps to the Control Center.

You can let Apple know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

7 replies

Jun 25, 2019 12:44 PM in response to TrishO421

TrishO421 wrote:

What I don’t understand is the calculator app is on the iPad preloaded when I bought it you just can’t add it to the control center which is absolutely stupid

As noted, your iPad didn't come with a calculator app preloaded unless someone loaded apps onto it before you got it. And, yes, while there are lots of great third party apps, they can't, at this time be added to the Control Center.

Changing what apps are available to add to the control center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.