Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there no 'Tap Tempo' feature

Surely there must be a 'Tap Tempo' in Garageband....Am i just not able to find it?

Posted on Jun 25, 2019 5:54 PM

7 replies

Jun 25, 2019 5:58 PM in response to teggenberger

Hope this helps:

GarageBand for Mac: Set the tempo

You can set the basic project tempo in the LCD. The tempo is displayed in beats per minute (bpm), ranging from 5 to 990 bpm. You can also tap the tempo using your computer keyboard. When you add Apple Loops to your project, they match the project tempo.

Set the project tempo in the LCD

• Click the triangle on the right side of the LCD and choose Beats & Project, then do one of the following:
  • Click-hold the tempo value and drag up or down.

• Double-click the tempo value, then enter a new value in the Tempo field.

You can also add tempo changes using the Tempo track. For information about the Tempo track, see Tempo track overview.

Jun 26, 2019 12:06 AM in response to teggenberger

Are you looking for a click track, so you can sync the tempo of an audio file automatically with your playing? GarageBand does not have a tool to detect the tempo automatically like you can do in Logic Pro X or other professional software.

I am occasionally faking a click track by recording myself, while I am clapping along to an audio recording. And then I am adjusting manually the automation curve for the tempo track, so the measures are in sync with the clapping.

Why is there no 'Tap Tempo' feature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.