Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brittle Screen Mac Book Pro 13inch 2017

I purchased MacBook Pro 13INCH 2017 last July 2018, I noticed just now that the right corner edge of my screen is broken, as if it is slowly breaking the whole screen. . . why is this happening? My warranty is almost up. Is this covered?

Thank you

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 9:17 AM

5 replies

Jun 29, 2019 7:44 AM in response to Allan Jones

I brought the unit to an Authorised Service Center this afternoon. I am disappointed for I was told that there were no issues with MacBook Pro screens and that warranty doesn't cover damages such as this. I said, the screen is slowly breaking down. No damage on the screen itself just optics. My MacBook Pro is hard to look at now because of the deteriorating edge.

I am disappointed that Apple is starting to make products this sensitive. Engineers from the service centre can't tell me anything about how to prevent this from happening or from affecting the screen itself.

I've never had this issue or any issues with my previous and current Apple products until today. I regret replacing my old MacBook Pro.

Jun 29, 2019 11:04 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

That's the thing. It rarely leaves my desk. If ever it does, It will be on my dining table where I usually work. Unless, my cat, who is always sleeping, chewed it, then I would understand why this is breaking . . . hahaha

No scratches on any part of the unit. No damage on the Retina display. This is why I asked the service centre if it is the temperature since I live in a tropical country. They said, no. This damage is still a mystery .

Conclusion : Sensitive screen.

Solution : I guess I'll just get it checked at an Apple Store when I go to HK or China this year. Before then, I will try not to look at the edge of the screen. hahaha

Brittle Screen Mac Book Pro 13inch 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.