Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OSX error 0xc0000225 after erase disc.

So I erase disc, restart the Mac and now I got 0xc0000225 error, and I can’t boot to Recovery Mode or use opt+cmd+R command. What can I do?

It it says I need to press F8 or Enter, but when I press it my screen just flickering for a second.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 7:58 PM

UPD: There is no need to "clean" the OS in general unless there is a specific problem.

UPD2: No.

As for the flash, I do not know. Any external needs a bootable install of your OS on it. You boot from it and then work on your internal from the external.

I assumed you also wanted to sell it since, at some point, you said something like you had the same problem as the other poster.

As for the external bootable clone: I have several external hard drives and at least 2 copies of every OS scattered over them. They are all bootable and the best way to resume working if something goes wrong.

As for that "windows" window, I have never seen anything like it, so this is not my area of expertise and have no clue how/where that is coming from. If you can't work on your internal and the external won't, my suggestion is to contact Apple tech support and/or take it to your nearest Genius Bar for a diagnosis and help.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2019 7:58 PM in response to Dmitriy229

UPD: There is no need to "clean" the OS in general unless there is a specific problem.

UPD2: No.

As for the flash, I do not know. Any external needs a bootable install of your OS on it. You boot from it and then work on your internal from the external.

I assumed you also wanted to sell it since, at some point, you said something like you had the same problem as the other poster.

As for the external bootable clone: I have several external hard drives and at least 2 copies of every OS scattered over them. They are all bootable and the best way to resume working if something goes wrong.

As for that "windows" window, I have never seen anything like it, so this is not my area of expertise and have no clue how/where that is coming from. If you can't work on your internal and the external won't, my suggestion is to contact Apple tech support and/or take it to your nearest Genius Bar for a diagnosis and help.

Jun 26, 2019 8:07 PM in response to babowa

Thanks for your reply! So what do I is loaded with Arch drive (not installer) and restore SSD. After this Internet recovery start working properly.

About system clean. I broke GIT client for SourceTree and instead of solving the problem I decided to just reinstall the system from scratch. Anyway everything working for now. Thank you Again!

Mac OSX error 0xc0000225 after erase disc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.