Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Linking Airport Time Capsule to non Sagemcom modem

How do I link an Airport Timecapsule to an non modem

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2019 4:38 PM

Problem solved, thanks. I already had an ethernet cable connecting the non modem and the Airport Time capsule. On the Time Capsule I turned Router Mode to Off to make it Bridge Mode and then reset both units. All came back good.

4 replies

Jun 26, 2019 9:14 PM in response to nbnwithapple

Sagecom offers a number of different modems and modem/routers.

In order to provide correct instructions, can you please provide a model number for your Sagecom modem?

Will you be using the iMac listed in your profile to set up the Time Capsule? If not, what device will you be using?

Finally, we are not sure what you mean by "link" the AirPort Time Capsule to the modem. For starters though, you will need to plan to connect the modem to the Time Capsule using a permanent wired Ethernet cable connection.

Will the Sagecom modem and the Time Capsule both provide a wireless network, or will only one device provide a wireless network? If it will be only one device providing the wireless service, which device would that be?

Jun 26, 2019 10:43 PM in response to nbnwithapple

Poor sod.. so you are with Optus or Telstra.. both hand out miserable rubbish sagemcom stuff.. although for Optus it is their only model. At least Telstra has a few alternatives.. no quite as bad.

What NBN type are you on? (FTTN, HFC, FTTC, FTTB etc)

We are a bit unsure of what "non" sagemcom means or "non" modem. If you mean it is all in one being used as wireless router only that is as per usual. Otherwise a fairly long explanation of non modem would help.

Sagemcom can be modem for FTTN or standard wireless router to HFC FTTC etc.

What do you intend to use the TC for.. wireless and backup or just backup??

What model is the TC? Gen5 ie the tall AC model or earlier one.. pizza box shape.

Bob pointed out.. ethernet all the way.. is essential.

plan to connect the modem to the Time Capsule using a permanent wired Ethernet cable connection.

It is not hard to use the TC just for backups or backups and wireless.. but more recent Mac OS can have issues with the setup for Time Machine.

And since the Sagemcom more recent modems cannot be bridged you must use it as router as well.. unless you get off ISP with hardware limitations.. like Optus. I went ABB to make sure I did not have to use the bottom of the barrel routers our ISP supply.

Linking Airport Time Capsule to non Sagemcom modem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.