Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know if you can have more tha. 1 iCloud email on your device

Is there any way that a person can have more than one iTunes email linked to their device? I know someone who has her original email which is linked with iTunes, but there is also another email that is an iCloud email that is also an iTunes account. That is also on her device as well. What can she do to get rid of the iCloud email? I thought that I had gotten rid of the iCloud email and kept her yahoo mail that is linked to her iTunes account. Please help? Thank you.

Posted on Jun 27, 2019 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 8:54 AM

If the Yahoo ID is signed into iTunes, check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2019 8:54 AM in response to GoldDustgypsy

If the Yahoo ID is signed into iTunes, check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

Jun 27, 2019 8:46 PM in response to GoldDustgypsy

You can only have one Apple ID signed into iTunes. If you need the second one signed in, you have to sign out of the first one and sign in with the second one.

If you only want to use one ID for iTunes, you can try setting up Family Sharing between the 2 IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

Family Sharing - Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing

Family Sharing -What types of content can I share?

Family Sharing - If you don‘t see your family‘s shared content

Family Sharing - purchases and payments

Family Sharing - Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books

Does anyone know if you can have more tha. 1 iCloud email on your device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.