Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

xfinity mobile apple watch support

Xfinity mobile currently lists apple watch as supported here

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/learn/bring-your-own-watch?INTCMP=ILC%3Abyow-shop-watch-banner

but apple does not list xfintiy mobile as a cellular provider here

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

I was excited to get this setup and assumed apple and xfinity mobile would have timed the updates to work, but when I check the Apple Watch app under add cellular it still says xfinity mobile does not support Apple Watch.

Any help would be great. could just be first time provider bugs, but it would be nice to seup after waiting for almost a year for Apple Watch support

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2019 6:01 PM

SO THE ANSWER: I successfully put iOS 12 back on my device (twice), but my watch was unrecognizable from my phone and when I tried to connect my watch it said my phone had to be updated. There is no way to go back in software on Apple Watch that I know of. If you are still on watch OS5 you can put your phone back on iOS 12 and then setup cellular with no issue, however if you are like me and on iOS 13 and watch os 6 you will not be able to setup cellular until there is either a carrier or software update or both.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2019 6:01 PM in response to EyeOfMichael

SO THE ANSWER: I successfully put iOS 12 back on my device (twice), but my watch was unrecognizable from my phone and when I tried to connect my watch it said my phone had to be updated. There is no way to go back in software on Apple Watch that I know of. If you are still on watch OS5 you can put your phone back on iOS 12 and then setup cellular with no issue, however if you are like me and on iOS 13 and watch os 6 you will not be able to setup cellular until there is either a carrier or software update or both.

Jun 28, 2019 11:44 PM in response to bjamesreed

Xfinity has never had Apple Watch support before, but they have been saying the past few months that they would be adding it June 28th. So literally they just added this in the past 24-hours. It sounds like Apple hasn't updated their Apple Watch app.

They also have not updated their official list of supported carriers:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

I would make sure your iPhone does not have any available software or carrier updates, contact Xfinity first to see what they have to say, and then contact Apple tech support to escalate this up their support chain.

Jun 29, 2019 5:53 AM in response to Mrokcratron

Updates are not available, I actually contacted 2 Apple support people, and then a Apple leader who said “I’m sure that once Apple has verified xfinity mobile as a carrier then they will add them to their supported carrier list”. Basically I’m not and cannot help you. The other Apple support employee was completely useless and tried to explain to me that the watch has to connect to the iPhone for service. Then I contacted xfinity support and the guy literary said I would need to go into a store to get a “veeeery small SIM card” for the watch, then I told him “esim is not a physical card and the activation process is done through the watch app.” He responded with, “yes that’s how small it is”. 🤣

customer support service people are utterly useless, and are untrained except for the boxed little responses they read to you.

will just wait it out until someone smart can figure it out or an upper level executive is made aware of it!

Aug 3, 2019 2:58 PM in response to bjamesreed

Open the feedback app and open a ticket re: this. T-Mobile and the others including Verizon ARE working.

Its a bug related to whatever strangness this XM carrier exception (mvno) requires and it’s probably NOT been a priority given how recent XM started selling the watch but it’s not long till ios13 goes wide or overwhelm the devs with feedback

XM is Verizon in a cheaper dress - it’s not much a bug all being said. Annoying though.

:)

xfinity mobile apple watch support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.