Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use iMac 27 (late 2013) like external Display for MacBook Pro. I see just black screen on iMac.

Hello, I want to use iMac 27 (late 2013) like a external display, bought adapter thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 and thunderbold cable. When I connect it all and switch to display mode (CMD+F2) I see just black screen on iMac. How i can use a iMac like external screen ?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250340294?answerId=250641798022#250641798022

There is a first topic. This problem back again. iMac works like display time to time, maybe one week ago i see just black screen and settings show iMac on System preferences > Monitors.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 9:10 AM

I solved this problem, actually it was thunderbolt cable, which i bought in official service. But it was a long way spended two weeks to understand what's was a problem about. I downgraded MacOS to High Sierra, because i had hypothesis about CUDA driver, found other Macbook to test and others. Apple Support work like piece of ****, because u stay alone with your problem and nobody care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2019 9:10 AM in response to olegkipling

I solved this problem, actually it was thunderbolt cable, which i bought in official service. But it was a long way spended two weeks to understand what's was a problem about. I downgraded MacOS to High Sierra, because i had hypothesis about CUDA driver, found other Macbook to test and others. Apple Support work like piece of ****, because u stay alone with your problem and nobody care.

Use iMac 27 (late 2013) like external Display for MacBook Pro. I see just black screen on iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.